Ham and Cheese Oven Omelet
Use a large (11 inch) quiche dish. Omelets are more quickly made in a pan on the stove, but this one is a little fancy but easy to make.
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ounces sliced ham or beef [lunch meat]
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese [4 ounces]
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce [like tabasco sauce]
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F . Grease quiche dish with butter.
In a bowl, beat the eggs and salt well. Add remaining ingredients to eggs. Stir until all ingredients are mixed. Pour into greased dish. Bake uncovered in 325 degree oven 40 to 45 minutes .. until omelet is set and top is golden brown. Serve with orange wedges or other citrus fruit and coffee or tea. Serves 4 to 6.
Recipe from Homeschoolforms.com, Site Maintained by Donna Young, of DonnaYoung.org