Crustless Quiche Lorraine with Bacon
Use a large (11 inch) quiche dish. No one at our house misses the crust. Going crustless is an easy solution to the varied requirements at our house of gluten-free and lowered carb diets.
- 8 slices bacon, cut into small pieces, around 1/2 inch
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (or substitute 1/8 cup finely chopped onion)
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded Swiss Cheese, divided
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika or ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Grease quiche dish with butter.
Fry bacon and green onions together until bacon is done. Sprinkle cooked bacon and onions in the bottom of the greased quiche dish. Top with 1 cup of the Swiss cheese.
In a bowl, Stir together the beaten eggs, cream, salt, pepper, paprika, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Pour into the quiche dish; try not to dislodge the bacon. Top with the remaining 1 cup of Swiss cheese. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe from Homeschoolforms.com, Site Maintained by Donna Young, of DonnaYoung.org